Clear Aligner Technology
WHAT IS SPARK?
SPARK aligners are a teeth-straightening system that relies on a series of clear aligners to move teeth, rather than on metal wires and brackets. The clear aligner technology provides treatment with a series of custom-fitted, clear plastic alignment trays that are worn over your teeth. These aligners are designed to move your teeth in small steps to the desired final position. Each aligner is precisely calibrated and manufactured to fit your mouth at each stage of your treatment plan. Dr. Mann uses state-of-the-art technology to capture your teeth with a 3D image called the Itero, which feeds into a computer to aid in designing your aligners.
What are the benefits?
In addition to the great smiles that SPARK provides, some of the benefits of this type of orthodontic treatment include...
- Improved Oral Hygiene - With an orthodontic appliance that is removable, you will be able to clean your teeth much more easily than if you were wearing metal braces.
- A Discreet Look - If you consider your orthodontic treatment to be a private matter, or simply feel that metal braces don't fit with your self-image, a practically invisible form of orthodontic treatment might suit you.
- More Dietary Choices - To protect metal wires and braces, some diet modifications are necessary. With clear aligners, you can still bite into an apple.
- Comfort - The soft, flexible material made with each aligner will not irritate the soft tissues of the mouth, as metal wires and braces can.
- Affordable - We know that price is an important factor for you so we not only offer SPARK for around the same cost as traditional braces but we also offer several payment options to fit your needs!
- Time Efficient - With SPARK you will generally spend less time in our office than you would with other treatments. Appointments are needed about every 10-12 weeks with the average appointment time being about 10-15 minutes.
The SPARK Process
Specialized computer software helps Dr. Mann design a plan for moving your teeth from their current positions into the best possible alignment. This movement is broken down into several dozen stages. For each stage, SPARK will manufacture two plastic aligner trays, one is to fit over your top teeth and one for the lower. You will wear these sets of trays anywhere from 10 to 14 days each, for a minimum of 22 hours per day. You will then move on to the next set of aligners in your series to accomplish the next stage of gradual movement. You will keep doing this until your teeth are correctly aligned.
Patients should be aware that not everyone is a candidate for clear aligner treatment. Only an orthodontist can determine if this treatment is an effective option for you. To see if SPARK can help you achieve the smile you've always wanted, your first step is to come into our office for your consultation and treatment plan discussion with Dr. Mann.
If you are good candidate for treatment, Dr. Mann will submit your records to SPARK and design a precise treatment plan of finely calibrated aligners—as few as 12 or as many as 48. As mentioned above, each aligner will be worn for one to two weeks. As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move gradually until the final alignment is attained. Then you'll be smiling like never before. Check out the videos below!